This time, its a little different. I feel more of an afterglow because this weekend proved how many people are willing to spend 20 hours over three days dancing kizomba.
I'm still trying to collect pictures, reset my sleep schedule (i'm staying up till about 3am now instead of 5) and wrapping up loose end from the weekend.
i already posted this in some form on facebook but one can never stop saying thanks so here goes:
- Thanks to Oscar and Guelas for comming to Seattle to provide a beutifaul canvas of music for us to dance to.
- Thanks to Maurycy and isaias, our local DJ's, for spinning. Maurycy is one of the first DJ's in our community.
- Thanks to my check-in crew: Katie and Jess leading the charge (and sometimes saving my sanity) along with Brandon and Chanya.
- Thanks to Jay, Summer, Samir, Galine and Jess for opening up their homes to our visiting guests.
- Thanks to Ana and Carlette for opening their homes to our visiting DJ's
- Thanks to Century Ballroom, Salsa N Seattle, Salsa Con Todo, Tam Tam Productions and Waid's for hosing the different dances.
- Thanks to all the dancers that came to make this such a memorable and great weekend.
I hope other cities start to embrace the exchange concept and that we'll be able to have exchanges all across the US. Its not always about a festival with workshops and dances. Sometimes, if just about getting together with some great people, getting to know a local scene, and just dancing to some really great music.
Wishing you all the best holiday and see you again next yeat!!!